WANTED: Licensed Veterinary Technician
The MBM Spay/Neuter Clinic is looking for a Licensed Vet Tech to join our amazing medical team.If you are looking for rewarding work that actually makes a difference in the world of animals and animal lovers – our clinic might be the place for you!
As a Licensed Veterinary Technician at MBM Clinic, you will be responsible for providing exceptional client and patient care. You will act as the extra eyes, ears and hands for the veterinarians to deliver the highest quality care from intake to discharge.
Some of the essential functions and responsibilities of the job are:
- Work under the supervision and direction of a licensed veterinarian.
- Represent MBM Spay/Neuter Clinic by providing exceptional customer service and maintain positive relationships with every client, volunteer and staff person.
- Maintain the efficient flow of patients from admission to discharge using excellent organizational skills.
- Ensure the safety of our patients, clients and team members by utilizing safe handling and restraint techniques.
- Care for, feed, monitor, medicate and perform minor treatment on animals.
- Efficiently pre-medicate, induce anesthesia and prep all surgical patients, including intubation.
- Draw blood and perform diagnostic testing including but not limited to heartworm testing and feline leukemia testing.
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
On July 29th we received confirmation that an employee who had been self quarantining since Sunday, July 26th, was confirmed positive for COVID-19.
As a result, we will be closed until Monday, August 17th.
We have no other employees who are exhibiting symptoms at this time.
The clinic has had a mandatory mask policy as well as increased cleaning and disinfecting protocols in place since we reopened on June 8th.
The choice to close the clinic for this time period is done as a cautionary measure to protect our staff as well and the many people and animals we serve each day.
Welcome to Margaret B. Mitchell Spay/Neuter Clinic
The mission of our clinic is to provide targeted, high-volume, reduced-cost spay and neuter services in an effort to reduce the dog and cat over-population problem in the Virginia counties of Buchanan, Dickenson, Lee, Russell, Scott, Smyth, Tazewell, Washington and Wise; the Cities of Bristol and Norton; and the City of Bristol and County of Sullivan in Tennessee. While the clinic's focus is on serving these counties, animals will be accepted from other counties as availability permits.
Our vision is to end the need to euthanize healthy, adoptable dogs and cats by reducing the number of dogs and cats that enter the region's shelters.
Get the Facts!
The Facts About Spaying & Neutering
Why You Should Spay or Neuter Your Dog or Cat
Myths & Facts About Spaying and Neutering
Why is Neutering Important? A Video from The New Yorker Illustrates Some of the Benefits
Join First Bank & Trust in supporting the clinic
Express yourself by showing your support of the Margaret B. Mitchell Spay / Neuter Clinic! Open an account with First Bank & Trust Company and a donation will be made in your name.
Click here to take advantage of this great opportunity.
Indicate "Margaret B. Mitchell Spay Neuter Clinic" in the comments section when you sign up.
Your shopping makes a difference.
Do your regular Amazon shopping at AmazonSmile (using the link below) and Amazon donates to Bristol Humane Society.